January 20, 2010

She & Him Vol. 2 Update

While reading Rolling Stone, I came across a little tidbit about one of my most anticipated albums of 2010 so far (along with Corinne Bailey Rae's), She and Him, Vol. 2, which will be released March 23rd.  The article gives a few hints about the style of their new songs, and indicates a noticeable increase in Zooey's singing confidence, but what intrigued me was that they posted their covers already.  Or, rather, what their covers are going to be.
Skeeter Davis' "Gonna Get Along Without You Now" and NRBQ's "Ridin' in My Car".
Naturally, I looked them up pronto, and was pleased to find that they are perfect songs for the band, especially "Gonna Get Along.." - it's perfect for her.  If you'd like to have a listen, here they are, along with a cover that I found of Davis' song after the jump.










No comments: