October 26, 2009

In case you haven't noticed

I have a slight crush on Neil Gaiman. Slight.


And, as such, I am currently reading Neverwhere. Again.

But I'm feeling restless. Literarily.

Which is weird because I just went to the library and got these:





And I've started (but not finished) these:



And people have gifted me these to read:





I feel like I'm having a literary freak-out. I can't finish anything. I mean, I can't even start reading Dan Brown's new book. My mom and I waited for his book to come out for years. I find myself laying in my bed and looking over at the shelf and just pulling down anything; usually, whatever my eye hits first.
A couple of days ago I actually read a whole scene from "A Streetcar Named Desire" just because the T section of my bookshelf is about eye-level when my head is on the pillow. And then when it's something that I start to get into (such as the aforementioned "Neverwhere") I fall asleep almost instantly. I mean, that's not so unusual. In high school, I used to wake up in the morning in these really awkward positions with my glasses on and my face pressed against a book.

But still, it's a little bizarre that it happens so often and quickly. I'm not really sure what I can do to get me out of this funk. As you can see, I don't have a shortage of genres. Maybe I'll just have to wait it out.

No comments: