April 7, 2009

Continuing the love affair...

...with Michelle Obama's fashion. Because that's how I roll.

1. Leaving the US. This cute Thakoon coat is very 50s, and I love the brooch. I was so sick of always seeing our previous First Lady in bland, androgynous clothes, this is like a breath of fresh air!


2. Arriving in London. Dress by Jason Wu and coat by Michael Kors. I really love it when she wears yellow. And green. Oh, and don't even get me started on combined.


3. Meeting the Browns, rollin' in the J. Crew. I like the cardigan, because hey, we're Americans. We can make bold statements like wearing glittery things to meet the Brits. And I'd also just like to note that Sarah Brown is NOT unattractive... I would even venture to say that she is above average, even pretty. So why, for the love of god, is she wearing ALL black?! Even dark nylons? Really?



4. Jason Wu. Again. Can the man do no wrong? Well... Okay. Nobody's perfect. But I love the coat. Dress underneath is Isabel Toledo. It's eh. Conservative, appropriate. She looks great in pearls. But you know what? It doesn't matter, because she gets to hug the queen.



5. With Mrs. Brown again. Finally the woman wears some color. I think the Jason Wu dress is phenom, but the cardigan (Junya Watanabe) is a little out there. Teal badass dress? YES. Asymmetrical cardigan? Not so much. And the Jimmy Choos? Need I say more?


6. What did people expect? A cat fight? Oddly enough, they actually dressed rather similarly the whole time... These jackets are fairly similar in construction (Mrs. O in Thakoon and Carla in Dior), but I always think patterns are more fun, so I'll let you guess which one I like better. And the dress she wore underneath was way sexy!



7. This cute little dress is so great (Azzedine Alaia). The shape of it just draws your attention to her immediately. The silhouette is perfect for her, and she is much more noticeable than Carla Bruni-Sarkozy. For some reason I just get the feeling like Carla doesn't fit in with this crowd... she seems like she's overacting her conservatism. I mean look at the way she's standing compared to these. Obviously, the woman is not shy.




8. Very nice coat (also by Azzedine Alaia). I love the tailored look of it, and the fact that the collar is big and sort of looks like a pea coat without having the whole thing look too bulky. And can we just spend a second looking at Carla's coat? Please?? Is that thing not to die for??


Seriously. I think I would kill someone to be able to have that purple coat (I'd kill two people if I could look like that in it, too). Seriously, adorable.


9. Landing in Prague. Please tell me somebody got some. How could you not when you're wearing a dress like that? My god.

No comments: