March 4, 2009

Cheer Up, Hamlet!

There are a lot of things that I want to say about "Slings & Arrows" (a Canadian tv series about a playhouse in a town called "New Burbage"), but I don't have enough time right now. I'll definitely write something later, but for now I'll just post some screen caps from Season 1, which was surprisingly short! Actually, I will say one thing: It's freakin' amazing.






















Okay, I'll say one other thing. The first season (6 episodes) culminate in a performance of Hamlet. The director of the playhouse decides to cut all of their pre-opening performances, so the first time they perform it is in front of the opening night audience.

Luke Kirby is okay as Hamlet, but Rachel McAdams' Ophelia is phenomenal.





I got chills during the flower scene.

Obviously, so did Ellen.

No comments: