May 12, 2009

Guess who, quote provided



"Now, Sherlock Holmes believed that the brain can only hold just so much information... so, if he ever learned anything that was useless to his profession he set about systematically to try to forget it. I like to quote fictional characters because I'm something of a fictional character myself, but my point is that I have something stuck in my brain and because it's in there I frequently get lost on my way to people's houses, I always forget people's names, and I leave my stuff everywhere so my husband, Dick Tater, has to pick up after me. And, at times, I forget parts of my show, which is how this whole thing got started. So now I've written it down, at least. Anyway, the following is the "something" that I have stuck in my brain, which I go about trying to systematically forget publicly, here in these pages, and if you understood that you're in desperate need of medication. It's a poem... yes, as you probably guessed, a poem. By George Lucas.
General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now, he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack and my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R-2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only ho-
I can't forget that stupid, fucking hologram speech. That's why I did dope."

2 comments:

@nn(3) said...

There are two people in the picture. I recognize Paul Simon...I think that's his first name. The woman I do not know. So I eventually copied and pasted the quote and found Carrie Fisher.

Yes? :)

Brittany said...

Even though you cheated, YES! You got it! I'll have to think of a prize for you...