October 6, 2008

My odd obsession with South Carolina














There are many, many obscure reasons why I love South Carolina, but for now I'll just throw one of them out there. This is not the origin of the South Carolina obsession, but it is closely correlated to another bizarre obsession - my secret book lover: Nicholas Sparks.
I know, I KNOW.
But I can't help it... I read 'A Walk To Remember' when I was in the 7th grade and I cried for DAYS. You can't just walk away from something like that.
Anyways, Danielle bought me 'Nights in Rodanthe' a few years ago and I read it... all I can say is... I was a little thrown by how old they were. Not that old love is not beautiful. But. Yeah.
Of course, the location was - duh - South Carolina! And Sparks' description of the atmosphere and scenery is simply fantastic (as it is in all of his other books... which are also ALL set in SC). I would love to go and just BE there for a while.

















No comments: